Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hats off to the Graduate

This is one of my favorite times of year - graduation time. There are only a handful of events that can compare to the feeling that comes with graduation. The bitter sweet feeling of knowing a part of your life has ended and a new life is fast approaching. Thus far I have graduated 4 times - kindergarten, middle school, high school, and college (soon that number will be 5). Each time I felt the excitement and fear of the unknown. What a great feeling.

This year one of my nieces is graduating from high school. She lives out of state so I only get to see her once or twice a year, but I swear she was 12 only yesterday. I am so very proud of her; of the young woman she has become; of the wonderful person she is. She is going to college in the fall - studying to be an engineer. She is one of those people who knows what she wants, works hard to achieve her goals, and doesn't settle. I can't wait to see how she takes over the world.

Congratulations to all the Grads!! Job well done.

No comments: