Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Funk

As I mentioned in a previous post, I graduated from a masters program about a month and a half ago. I was a full time student with a full time job and a need to craft. My day was scheduled from beginning to end. At times, this included my lunch hour and my bus ride to and from home. I didn't have weekends. At least not in the sense that most people have weekends - I forgot to mention - I had a part time job that took up my Saturdays. In short, I was busy.

So of course when I graduated, I took some time off. I deserved it. I earned it. So after work, I would come home and do nothing. And I mean nothing. No cooking, little cleaning, no crafting, and sadly, no blogging. I just watched TV and then watched some more TV. My weekends still include work, but on Sundays I do nothing. All day. In my PJs. It's fabulous. Marvelous. The best thing ever.

But all good things must come to an end. I have craft orders I must fill and craft fairs I must prepare for. I have to start cooking or take a third job to pay for my restaurant debt. And the dust layer is starting to look like furniture padding.

I have to get out of my funk. So I am starting with my blog. Hopefully I will have something of interest to post real soon. Wish me luck.