Sunday, October 17, 2010

Addiction

Addiction is defined as the uncontrollable compulsion to repeat a behavior regardless of its negative consequences. A person who is addicted is sometimes called an addict.

Hello, my name is The Scrappy Bug and I am a Words with Friends addict. A good friend of mine introduced me to this game. It's just like scrabble but better. There is no argument over the validity of a word because the system automatically tells you the letters you played are not a word. You don't lose your turn when you make up a word. And, you can play with multiple opponents at once.

I am constantly checking my phone to see if my opponents have played a word. And because there is no penalty, I check all letter combinations to see if they make a word - Coz, Qi, Raj are all words that have been used and have scored a ton of points.

I was sick last night and didn't end up falling asleep until 4am. I woke up at 10am and the first thing I did was check my phone to see if it was my turn. I still wasn't feeling 100% but I must say entering KURTA for 38pts did make me feel just a little bit better.

If you can, I would recommend downloading this game and inviting a friend or two or three. All addiction doesn't have to be bad. This one is educational...as long as you look up the definition of the word you didn't know.

1 comment:

clearlytangled said...

i'm a little concerned. maybe it's time to step away from the game... and craft instead.

:D