Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rubber Duckie

I love party favors.  Who wouldn't want a small gift to take home and unwrap. They make the perfect ending to any event.


For my friend's baby shower I had a hard time finding a good party favor. I wanted something cute but with a purpose. I searched many online stores and only one thing caught my eye; soap in the shape of an egg. The egg came in a nest and then wrapped in a box - brilliant but expensive. I thought I could make that happen for half the price.


Sadly I couldn't find an egg mold but a friend (clearlytangled) found a duck mold which matched my invitations. And then a voice from the past filled my head -

Rubber Duckie, you're the one,
You make bathtime lots of fun

                                   - Ernie
      
(Which sesame street character was your favorite?)

Of course the ducks had to go into a bath.


 
 I know what you are thinking - the duckies are missing a shower cap.

And of course packaging is everything.

Who wouldn't love avocado and cucumber scented duckie soaps. 

No comments: